Or so I call them my projects. I've been redecorating a little and got some creative ideas from some blogs I've looked at.
My spring centerpiece. I made the basket by unraveling grapevine and then filled it with moss, little green flowers and tulips.
I bought the grapevine cone and then covered styrofoam cones with black yarn and the other with black and gold beads.
I covered balls with moss to create these.
I was really tired of just having a candle in this vase so was happy when I found these tall twigs at hobby lobby. Filled it with rocks and put moss at the top.
Gotta love moss.
I covered more cones, one with natural jute and the other with burlap.
I made my first rosettes with the burlap.
Another burlap cone. My mom got me these gold ornaments from The Heart of Country in Holly. I love them.
Once I get the sewing down I want to make some throw pillows for our bed and put some rosettes on them. I love rosettes. I also want to make some pillows for our sofas. I would like to change the color scheme in our house a little. No more red in the living/dining room. That is why I want to change it to a shade of brown. I can do so much more with neutral colors. And I am so excited to paint our front door black. I've wanted to do this ever since we painted Amber's salon. I also asked Jacob if he would help me build a bird cage out of wood and chicken coop wire (I don't know what else this wire is used for). I want to fill it with plants (fake of course) and put it on top of the pantry. I am trying to come up with a new idea for above the kitchen cabinets. It's all a work in progress. Like I said, my head is filled with ideas.
1 comment:
love all your projects - we must look at some of the same blogs! Thought this was a great idea for pillows with the flowers on them if you like them. I am getting ready to redo our bedroom and am going to try to make some pillows for the bed -
http://www.allthingsthrifty.com/2010/02/tutorial-felt-flower-pillow.html
Post a Comment