Good thing Jacob and I love yard work because we have plenty to do.
Jacob plowed us a 20'x40' garden in the field behind our house. Jerry was pretty excited to have a tractor in our backyard and Dad gave him a ride on it.
Our new garden plus 2 raised vegetable beds that Jacob made last year. Hopefully this year won't be as hot so we can get lots of veggies. We are also cleaning up the side of the garden by the trees because Jacob is building us a chicken tractor for our 4 chickens we are getting. He has a patient that is raising them for us so they should be friendly enough Jerry can pet them.
Another toy for Daddy. He got a new riding mower so now he is taking on our yard, the neighbors and he mows a path around the field so that our neighbors who own it can walk it.
It won't be long before Jerry takes this job over. He loves to do everything with his Daddy.
Jacob built this bird house out of an old fence and barn wood to cover one of the utility boxes and the other will have a rock over it. I saw the idea on bhg.com and thought it was neat and something different. We also planted a lilac bush in front of it. We plan on moving the two grasses on the side. I would like to make this a little rock garden with some lavender but that will wait for another year. Add it to the list.
I'm so glad that I married such a handy man.
He makes my heart smile:)
1 comment:
Nice job on the garden! I thought about trying a raised bed, but I don't think I could actually grow anything. And Jamie wasn't too enthusiastic, so we're still sticking with teh farmer's markets this year. We just bought chickens too - but we are keeping them at my grandma's with her other chickens. Our neighborhood doesn't allow us to keep them here. I totally would have freaked out and cried if Hudson came home with a blue mohawk! It is cute though.
Post a Comment