Saturday, February 21, 2009

We're back online

So we took our computer in to have it diagnosed and it wasn't as bad as we thought.  Thank goodness.  And now we have it back home, it's healthy and we're back online.  I can't believe how much I missed having the internet and my music.  I was probably driving Jake nuts at the clinic since I had to go there and use his computer.

The biggest update on Jerry is eating new foods.  I know it seems like that is all I talk about or take pictures of but to me it's a BIG deal.  It's something so new to Jerry and I love watching him experience it.  I think it's kinda amazing.  Anyway, this morning we mixed bananas with his rice cereal (the two things he didn't like) and he really liked it.  I think he has already gained a pound since we started the food.  His double chin is getting bigger:)  He's cute.  I'm sure he will be a good eater.

He is still only army crawling and sitting up on his own pretty good.  Lately he has not wanted to take naps for me even though he is tired and gets a little cranky.  He might sleep about 10-20 minutes at the most and then gets his second wind and is ready to play.  He keeps me moving.  At night he is ready for bed between 7 and 8, which I like but he still won't sleep through the night.  Today we ran errands and he slept for an hour in his car seat but this afternoon he was really tired and very cranky (nothing pleased him) so I put him in his crib to try the cry it out method and IT WORKED!!!   It took about 10-15 minutes and he's out.  Knock on wood he doesn't wake up!  We might have to try this more often.  

Oh, and doesn't he look like a big boy in the picture at the top of the blog.  I think he looks so much like Jake and kinda like a little farmer boy (just like daddy was).

No comments: