I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. Mine was very special this year. I ran a 5k (3.1 mile) race with my sister in Denver. My mom and I along with Jerry drove up to Denver on Saturday and met up with Jenna that night. We stayed in a hotel near the Denver City Park / Zoo. That night we had some of the best Italian food at a little hole in the wall restaurant called Cafe Jordano. All I can say is we were completely stocked up on carbs for the race. The race was Sunday morning at 9:00 at the City Park, next to the zoo. It was so much fun. The atmosphere was great, the weather was perfect (almost a little too warm) and I was with great company.
Before the Race
At the Finish Line!
There were 813 people that finished the race. I finished the race in 33:06 minutes and Jenna was a second in front of me. We had really hoped to run it in 30 and I''m positive Jenna could have but she was sweet and wouldn't leave me no matter how much I told her to go on. I'm going to keep working on it and hopefully our next race time will be even better.
Afterward, we all went to the zoo. Jenna's boyfriend Mike also got to spend the day with us which was fun. Grandma bought Jerry a hat to wear so he wouldn't get too much sun and he loved it. He's been wearing it everyday since.
It was a long day at the zoo so afterward we went out to eat an early dinner and outside the restaurant were fountains. It didn't take long for Jerry to join in the fun. This boy loves water.
No comments:
Post a Comment